In case you were wondering, some of the parts to make my groovy Rough Riders were sculpted by Rob at Curious Constructs.

Monday 17 October 2011

-Advanced Warning. Praetorian Cavalry / Rough Riders: Standby for 'Cavember'. End Message-


Praetorian Expeditionary Officers and Imperial Allied Commanders of His most gracious Imperial Guard.

November is hereby declared "Cavember".

I will be doing my upmost to have my detachment of Cavalry (courtesy of Col. Gravis) ready for frontline duty.

I know many of your regiments have received your own supply of Gravis's elitist chaps, so i respectfully urge you to do the same.

Victory is imperative.

Sign up here to follow.

If you feel inclined to leave your command bunker and joining the heroic charge yourself, post below so we all can celebrate your conquest.

Prise be the Emperor and Tally Ho!

Col. Ackland





"Never in all My life had I witnessed such selfless bravery as that displayed by the Praetorian Rough Riders of the Seventeenth Charge of Cold River."
Lord Solar Macharius

"I have seen war in all its forms. I have seen feral world savages braining each other with stones, and I have monitored the death of a whole planet at the hands of a virus bomb. I have seen Space Marines drop to certain death, and win. I have seen Titans crush whole platoons underfoot.
But there is no more stirring sight in war than the charge of massed cavalry." 
Dravin Gratz, 14th Tharinga

"I don't know what they'll do to the enemy; but, by God, they frighten me."
Duke of Wellington

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."
George Armstrong Custer

Napoleon: Those men on grey horses are terrifying.
Marshal Soult: They are the noblest cavalry in Europe; and the worst led.
Napoleon: That may be; that may be, but we will match them with our lancers.

"Cavalry is useful before, during, and after the battle... Without cavalry, battles are without result."
Napoleon

"It's hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a horse."
Adlai E. Stevenson

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say it mate, but I did my Rough Riders years ago. The only problem being is that I dont use them much, and they are in need of repair. But yours will be miles better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats an interesting idea Col.Ackland, you've given me an idea, I'll be in touch via email in the next few days ;)

    ReplyDelete