In case you were wondering, some of the parts to make my groovy Rough Riders were sculpted by Rob at Curious Constructs.

Sunday 15 February 2015

Taking Cover From One Hundred Thousand Hits!

My blog has clicked over to 100,000 hits! Thank you to everyone that has stopped by over the last four years especially to all the great bloggers that have left comments from time to time!

In the real world I am submitting my PhD thesis over the next two weeks as well as working. As a result, my days are split between 10 hours of shiftwork, 8-10 hours of thesis writing and 3-5 hours of sleep. Thus, there is no modelling happening at the moment. I do have my finished defence lines to show off though! Here is where I had left them in the last post.


This was 50% Scorched Brown and Tin Bitz.



Forge World weathering powder.






I gave them a heavy wash, touched up the weathering powder, then sprayed them with mat varnish. 
They blend in OK with my gaming mate. Not perfect but pretty close. 


I added tufts of grass so they match my model bases. They looked better on the gaming mat without grass but it is more important that they are the same as my other models.









This is one very tired Colonel Ackland, signing off to return to thesis writing... and eventually recover some lost sleep. Thanks again for stopping by and helping me reach this significant milestone. 

[My thesis is actually on the effects of sleep loss - the irony is not lost on me]

13 comments:

  1. Smashing work! Those walls really do look like they have taken 100,000 hits! Once again, love the base you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, very nice work!

    And I wish you success for your thesis, may your sleep come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking milestone :D Good luck with the thesis - have seen the pain enough times with friends and colleagues, you can do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the milestone!!! And good luck with your thesis. The long days and nights will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Good luck on that thesis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are feeling sleepy...

    The other dwarves are jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aces! LOVE the trench boards :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I think these are ace. Cracking good stuff that I'm itching to play across.

    Now just knock out this thesis and we can get out game on again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work, Love the battle damage on the front paired up with the trench boards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly, congrats on the big milestone. I'm not even half the way to 100k hits.

    Secondly, those barriers look fantastic! You should be bloody proud of your efforts on these.

    Thirdly, get back to sleep. Thesis' can wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great, good luck with all the real life stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that looks great. I love the basing you have done, and the weathering is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete