As sighted in my previous battle post, I pulled some of my tanks out of the shed. The first 2 were a Demolisher and converted Hydra.
The Hydra was one of the first conversions I did around 15 years ago. Originally it wasn't a Hydra but just a random tank. It later was used as a scout vehicle and Hydra when the first Imperial Armour Book came out (the old soft cover one).
The first things the tanks got was a heap of equipment to match my other painted tanks. The Hydra's guns were doubled from two to four and the ends of the barrels were extended to make them look more like auto cannons. I decided to keep the old original shell feed (mostly for sentimental reasons I guess), so I am making up two more to mount above the extra guns. Also, I have started giving them the tan coloured paint job that all my tanks of the 10th Armoured Reg will have.
I am aiming for this look:
And I was inspired by this picture:
from Voyager on WargamerAU
And obviously I have loads of other tanks to get to.
As well as tanks, all of my recent games have included a Vendetta. I put this chap together in a day and have given it it's first coat of tan. The stripes on the wings and tail are painting tape- the easy way to paint stripes! As soon as the tan is ready the tape will come off leaving three nice white stripes (I hope).The pilot and navigator are both head swaps from the original Marbo figure and one of Curious Constructs life guard heads. The torsos are one of Rob’s and one of Vic’s (not that you can really see them). The oxygen masks were from the Cadian command box.
For the base I cut pieces of slate and glued it around the flying stand. It was pretty tough but turned out ok.The wing lasconnons were made from plastic tubing and sentinel lasconnons.
I didn't glue the roof on so I can paint inside and add the door gunners.
I'd be making more progress on the flyer if I didn't stop to put on 'Flight of the Valkyries every time I sit down to paint it!